As a designer, it is quick and easy to create proofs directly from within Adobe InDesign and send them out to a PageProof workflow. Then, when a to-do list has been returned, bring the comments back into InDesign with the corresponding pins layered over your artwork file.
To create a proof from InDesign
Head here to download the add-on.
Follow the installation instructions and then go to Window -> Extensions -> PageProof to open the add-on.
Log into PageProof and tick remember me to save your login credentials.
With your InDesign file open, click the create new proof icon.
Complete proof set up details such as:
- Proof name (this will default to your file name)
- Tags (add additional tags such as a job number, project name, client name etc)
- Set the proof due date and enter a message to reviewers if you’d like
You can choose to create the proof from all pages, or select a page range and/or spreads.
Select one of three options to send your proof:
- Choose workflow (select a workflow template), or
- Choose approver (send the proof to a single approver only. Simply enter in their email address), or
- Choose assign owner (send the proof to another owner for them to complete the set up of the proof and send it out. For example send it to an account manager. Simply enter in their email address).
Click OK to create the proof.
Read on further with this article on how to bring back comments from the proof into InDesign.