When a proof owner assigns the to-do list on a proof to somebody else to action, this role is called an editor. It is a temporary role for that proof version only that starts when a proof owner assigns the to-dos, and ends when the editor has worked on the to-dos and has uploaded a new version.
The proof owner can assign multiple editors on a proof.
The editor can do things like:
- Can mark each comment as done. This changes the pin colour to green on the proof.
Tip: You can filter the list of comments on the proof to only show comments marked as to-do by clicking the red to-do icon at the top of the comment pane.
- Can upload a new version of the proof. This new version can be sent out to the same workflow, a different workflow or back to the owner only. This article explains how to upload new versions.
- Mark each comment that has been actioned as done.
- Each to-do requested may have an attachment. For ease, you can download all attachments at once by clicking the download icon on the proofing screen.
- If you’re unsure to whom the new version should go to, send the proof to an owner who can assign the workflow. Here’s how.
- If you are making changes to your work using Adobe Creative Cloud, the PageProof add-on will make display the comments layered over your artwork file and you can easily action the to-dos directly inside of your Adobe app. Download the Adobe add-on.