If you’ve been using PageProof for years, or if this is your first experience, here are some tips and tricks to widen your product knowledge and use PageProof for signing everything off in your organization.
1. Sending a test proof
To get the most out of your trial, we highly recommend you send proofs to another member of your team rather than to yourself (sending a proof to yourself doesn’t reflect the collaborative nature of PageProof and won’t show you the best of its abilities). Make a friend in your team and send them a proof to get started.
2. Creating a proof
- Try different file types. PageProof supports a wide range of media including PDF, but it also supports Adobe CC files, Microsoft Office, png, jpg, video, audio, banner ads, email, websites (even live ones!) and 3D content.
- Workflow templates are a powerful tool. Workflow templates help you send out proofs at the click of a button. You can route your work through stages, for example marketing first, then sales, then legal...or send the proof to everyone at the same time. To become a workflow guru, watch this video training session.
- Combine files into a single proof. If you have a folder full of jpgs or pngs that you want to combine into a single proof for sign-off...easy – go over to smallpdf and it will quickly combine them for you. Then upload the PDF file it produces into PageProof.
- Pin, line or box. The red pen tool lets you place a pin, but it also lets you draw horizontal/vertical lines and boxes (text selection and freehand drawing are coming soon).
- Highlight approved sections. If you draw a box, in the comment next to the attachment icon you’ll see a paint icon which lets you fill the box with ‘approved green’ or ‘highlighted yellow’. This is useful for catalog production where areas of pages can be marked as approved for example.
- Mentioning to draw attention. Using the @mention lets you draw another reviewer’s attention to your comment They can reply to your comment too.
- Style your comment. Double click on your comment text and choose bold or italic to style it for emphasis. There is also underline and strikethrough too.
- Keyboard shortcuts. There are so many keyboard shortcuts for power users, but these basica ones will get you going: c for turning on the red pen tool, shift+enter or command+enter to add your comment, and 0 to zoom the proof to fit to page mode.
4. HTML proofs
PageProof supports HTML proofs in two ways: a ZIP file containing your HTML website, banner ad or email, or a URL to a live (or staging) website.
- A single proof containing multiple web banner ads. You can present multiple banner ads inside a single proof – perfect for getting sign-off on banner ad campaigns with lots of different banner ad sizes. Take a look at this article on how to use this useful feature.
- Proof a live website. To create a proof of a live website, click options on the file dropper on the dashboard, then select the url icon. You can also create a proof of a staging server website, even if it needs a user name and password.
5. Using the Adobe CC add-on
PageProof supports five Adobe CC applications: InDesign, InCopy, Illustrator, Photoshop and Premiere Pro (After Effects is coming soon). You can create proofs directly from inside these apps, and bring comments in with the mark-ups layered directly over your creative file. This saves designers huge time and effort!
- Install the add-on here (just remember to quit you Adobe apps first).
- If you use Adobe XD, you can create a proof of your screen layout project by following these instructions.
6. General tips
- Recommended browsers. Whilst we support IE11 and Safari, we recommend Chrome, Firefox or Microsoft Edge for best performance and experience.
- Head to your profile to set up your default preferences and to turn on/off email notifications just the way you’d like them.
- Your team administrator can set up co-branding, and once PageProof is underway within your organization you might want to connect your other business applications via our integrations.
- When you’re onboard with a PageProof plan, make use of booking your team’s initial training here.
- If you have a question, ask our team via the in-app chat on your dashboard.